Friday, June 18, 2010

Bible Bouquet

Forgot to read my Bible today
The sky was ominous the clouds so gray
My heart doesn’t want to go out and play
There is something standing in the way

The edge of life’s fabric began to fray
Unraveling threads to my dismay
The love of my life is still sick this day
With an affliction that will not go away

Hoping for that fragrant bouquet
Of colorful flowers that can display
A rainbow of encouraging sentiments stay
God’s creation laughs in a brilliant ray

Reading God’s Word it did portray
Where I learned to act and pray
His light will lead me on my way
God promised in His care I’d stay

At Jesus feet my burdens I lay
When from His heart I did stray
Quickly His Word I did then obey
Then I began His praise to say

Rewarded with a radiant bouquet
Mind is clearing with a “Sonlit” display
My eyes on Jesus my thoughts purvey
Joy to my heart, with new vision survey


Psalm 19:7-9 (New International Version)
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

Psalm 51:11-13 (New International Version)
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 5: 7-15, (The MESSAGE)
7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I'll let loose with your praise.

6/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment